Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stupid Crazy Fun

I have a stat quiz tomorrow and I'm totally screwed, but I need to do a recap of this week's events in order to get some closure before I settle down to study.

Wednesday night was a little insane. College Democrats had been planning a party (Amanda is a senior and has an off-campus house), so I did all my work early. Carolyn and I are in College Dems, and had been Dorm Storming so Zach knew I wasn't flaking out when I had an unexpected rehearsal during the meeting time on Wednesday before the party. Carolyn had rehearsal right after I did, but I didn't want to wait until 10 pm to go to Monroe so I got some of the Watson boys to go with me. Brent had engineering stuff to do, but Garrett and Geoff said they'd go with me. I didn't think Prem would go because he'd said he wanted to go to Wawa, but he did. It's been so awkward since he told me he loved me, especially as he did it the same night (or was it the day after?) I was overwhelmed and told him all of my problems because I couldn't contact Alex. The weirdest part is that most of problems consisted of, "Do I like Gus or Holden?" so I don't know how he expected me to respond when he said he wanted me to own him.

I won't go into every detail of the party, but basically I drank too much too fast. I was fine, really, but the mixed drinks were what got me in the end, I think. I am the most horny, ditzy drunk there ever was, so I naturally came on to every guy I either thought was cute or who I wanted to mess with (Zach). I played kings with a bunch of people, including this sophomore named Ben who I thought was so cute, and he didn't exactly hide the fact that he thought I was cute too. It's crazy, because at CHA none of the guys thought I was pretty, but here a lot of them do! By the end of the night I had befriended Ben, Matt, Sam, Will, Zach, and Nat. The Nat part was especially hilarious, as Carolyn was with him on the stairs and I just kept telling him how sexy he was (because he's definitely my type) and pleading with the two of them to make out. They did, and now there's the best kind of drama going on, but I'll get to that later. Amanda, Amanda, Jesse, and Rachel told me it would be so funny if I got with Zach because he never gets any (I'd been telling them which guys I liked). I did tell him - just for fun - that he would get some if he followed me, but later on he said I was too drunk and he didn't want to take advantage of me. Ben said the same thing, but when he told me he was leaving he asked for a kiss and we ended up making out. I'm sure that all of this makes me sound so un-respectable, but I have fun and I like to make people laugh. And I'm horny.

That party is pretty much old news by now, except that Carolyn and I will remember it as our first college party together. It also set forth the next chain of events that became last night (Saturday). Carolyn is a little confused by Nat because they made out on Wednesday, but they got each other's numbers and he's been texting and calling but he made it clear that he doesn't want a relationship. And at the Pards/Hoyas game yesterday he came and sat with us and held her hand. At the Block Party before the game we saw Nat and Ben, and Nat was normal with both of us, but Ben didn't seem very comfortable. Then, during half time at the game I went to sit with everyone (the parental units came because it was family weekend and I was sitting with them), Carolyn told me that Nat, who had just left with Ben and Jeff, had invited the two of us to an off-campus DU party that night. Nat's pledging there, and Carolyn said Ben would be there too.

It was such a fun night. Ali came with us, and even though she didn't drink she had fun. She had just broken up with Elliot, so she wanted to do something to take her mind off of it. Ben was a little awkward at first, but I'm learning more about him because he's a Pisces and doesn't like to be the one who's in control. There was a guy named Elliot there who talked to Ali (what a coincidence!) and she said he kept telling her how bad he felt for her because both of her friends were making out with guys. She said it wasn't awkward, though, and I can tell she means it. Things with Ben are still unsettled, but basically he said he had to leave around midnight and I got him to stay for another hour or so. He asked for my number and I couldn't get his because my phone died, but he said he would call me and when I said, "...and it won't be awkward, like how you wouldn't look at me today?" he apologized. Shortly after this freshman guy Harry showed up. He happens to be Chip's roommate, and Carolyn and I Dorm Stormed their room and then Tom and I lightbulbed their room for LEAP. It was hilarious because he kept grabbing my ass and trying to make a move, but I didn't let him get far. About 20 minutes later I realized I couldn't find Carolyn or Nat, and then a junior told us we all had to get in the basement because the cops came! I don't freak out when I'm drunk, but it was pretty crazy having to be silent in the pitch-black basement, waiting for a signal that it was safe. Ali and I left with Brad after that - no one got in trouble - and we called Carolyn and she was safe with Nat so it was all good.

I really do like Ben. I messaged him on Facebook to ask for his number, and he wrote back the sweetest message saying how he was sorry he didn't call today and that he'd planned to but he had a ton of reading to do. He's a philosophy major and I really want to get to know him better; he seems a little weird, but that's what I like, I guess. Before I was even sure he would call me (his being a Pisces would make it more likely that he wouldn't make a move), Carolyn said that she would take me to parties Nat invited her to anyway, because she obviously couldn't walk around campus alone at night, and I would get to see Ben because he's Nat's best friend. Hopefully, that will be happening anyway.

I'm so happy now, but I hope that I'm not reading all the signs wrong. As a Scorpio I'm pretty intuitive, but I don't want to end up looking like an idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic story of the good girl gone wrong in college. Quite a shame, you sounded somewhat intelligent based on your other posts.