I've decided that this past week has been a little too crazy and that I should tone it down a little. I need to focus on my work, and even though I haven't seen any evidence - yet - of the partying affecting me, I'm sure that if it were to continue in the same way I would pay dearly. Carolyn agrees, and pointed out that we do have a show coming up and need to stay on track for it. Another good, though slightly disappointing, coincidence is that our final performance falls on Homecoming and Michael has informed us that we will all be breathalized when we arrive for call time that day; anyone who has had anything to drink at all will not be allowed to perform.
Even after last night, I didn't expect Ben to call me. I had a clear view of Gus at dinner tonight, and Carolyn freaked out at me for not picking one guy to focus on. She literally said, "I'm gonna call Ben right now!" and a second later my phone rang; it was Ben. We talked for about 10 minutes, and he said he was leaving tonight to go home for a dentist appointment, but he will be back tomorrow and said he'll call me so we can hang out. Nat was there while he was packing, and he said hi, which made me happy, seeing as he hadn't fully acknowledged me at rehearsal. But he did tonight, so that was good.
I'm pretty sure my stat quiz went well, and now I'm reading e.e. cummings for English. In closing, one of his poems:
in spite of everything
which breathes and moves, since Doom
(with white longest hands
neatening each crease)
will smooth entirely our minds
-before leaving my room
i turn, and(stooping
through the morning)kiss
this pillow, dear
where our heads lived and were.
molly.beth.young at gmail.com
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment