Saturday, June 21, 2008

The picnic day

Everything turned out rather well! I figured out how to register for my courses, so I went to the picnic (I got lost on the way to Rachael's dad's, which is weird because I've been there so many times), and we had falafel, couscous, tofu, veggie chicken nuggets, pita, hummus... it was delicious, though with little green things in most of the food so I had to be careful. John came and brought his new comic book with him; he and his friends wrote/drew all of these insanely cool and surreal comics and got a bunch of copies made a Kinko's. In John's words, "Ghetto publishing." He wants to do the same thing with our poems and one of his friends' stories. I'm excited.

After I got the grand tour of Elkins Park and met some of John's friends (and the infamous Dan Ruple!) I went home. I was miraculously allowed to go to the play, and I miraculously got tickets for me, Christina, Kalila, and her govie friend Amy. Unfortunately, Kalila missed her train, but it was fun with just Christina and me. The audience was really good - they laughed at all the right times. Then we went to Wawa for hoagies (thank goodness for late hours! We were turned down by 2 places, and one guy at Chestnut Grill told us to go to these two open-late bars....not helpful).

After going back to Macrina's and then home, I accompanied Mom and Leah to St. Martin's. I cannot believe Leah's in Guatemala right now. It was sad to see her leave, but she'll have an amazing time! I warned her not to eat the black beans (they were the only thing that made me sick while I was there). I'm worried about her, but I know she'll be okay. I hope. Edgett's on the trip too, so maybe they'll become friends. Not that Leah isn't already friends with everyone else. It's good that I'm going away for a week now because if I were sitting at home I'm sure I'd miss her a lot more. It's already been weird - I was alone last night, and I stayed up until 4:45 doing almost absolutely nothing.

No comments: