Yesterday I left Christina's house and made the long trek to Kalila's, over by Penn. I took forever, and I was carrying my duffle bag and everything, but I didn't get tired or lost. It was so nice, aside from the fact that I hadn't showered and that it was really hot, but I made it to her house and got some city exploration in on the way. I love cities, and whenever I go into Philadelphia I get such a good reminder of how great it is.
Kalila's house is amazing. I couldn't stop exclaiming over how fascinating it was. It's a normal, old Phildelphia house, but it had the best aura.
Phil and Kalila were starting this fast on Sunday, which was one of the main reasons Kalila invited me over. Phil had done it before, so he explained that it was a body-cleansing thing. They can only have homemade lemonade mixed with maple syrup (sugar?) and cayenne pepper. I think the cayenne is supposed to be good for you. So I ate whatever I could so that it wouldn't go bad before they stopped fasting: strawberries, blackberries, crackers, hummus, chips, kale. Probably some other stuff I can't remember. They also cleaned out the fridge and cabinets of stuff that had already gone bad. I loved being there, witnessing everyday stuff that my family does too. It made it all so real. I couldn't stop smiling the whole day.
Phil is amazing. I feel bad because I think Kalila feels awkward about the fact that I like him. He's recording a CD this summer. Kalila's cat disappeared a few weeks ago, but according to Ms. Corse Phil's idea is that he's on to another of his nine lives. He also listens to and plays the most incredible music. I have an unfortunate habit of staring, so of course he would randomly look up and I'd be watching him, which is awkward. Oh, well. I don't feel much like hiding my emotions these days. I hope I get to see him more over the summer.
molly.beth.young at gmail.com
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment