Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Tuesday.

Good day. I actually got up with my alarm, even though I was up late. I got ready, got some chores done and went into CHill to get a book for LuLu but Border's didn't have it. Instead I got a book Mom asked me to get and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which I've been wanting to read forever, and now, especially because it was just made into a movie, I have to read it first. I also got the Burt's Bees chapstick I've been in need of for several months - it's the only kind that helps my lips. Boring. I talked to Tom on the phone several times, and finally our plans to see the basketball game fell through. He was so upset. I had really wanted to go, too - it was my idea in the first place - and we haven't seen each other all break, but it just got too complicated and the weather was ominous. Oh, well. Hopefully we'll do something later this week. Tom was so funny; he said he has almost no plans for the rest of break, and that I was his only set of plans (the basketball game) and he screwed it up. I miss him. A bunch of us were kind of tired of him by the end of last semester, but I'm excited to see him again. He's entertaining. Instead I had a very productive evening in which I cleaned more of the house before the fam came home, wrote all of my thank-you notes, and... BOUGHT MY TICKETS TO VISIT RACHAEL! I am so unbelievably excited! I get to take the train to D.C. and spend the whole weekend with her. I haven't yet visited any of my friends at their schools, and I meant to visit Rach last year while I was still in high school, but I was always so busy. Now that I have absolutely nothing to do making plans and getting things done is becoming a little easier. Ha.

My parents seem to be a little trusting now. I asked Dad this morning about the trip, and he said he was fine with it. I can't remember exactly what he said, but he mentioned his being a little worried because I'm still his "little chick." He's so adorable sometimes. And then Mom was okay with it, too! I've never really travelled on my own before, except on the train just into the city. On a plane I would be more nervous, but for this I'm just excited. Any time I get to feel a little more independence is good.

Mia and I have a date tomorrow! I can't wait! We haven't caught up with each other since last summer just before she went back to school. There is much to discuss! And much coffee to be drunk and chinese food to be eaten. It's kind of becoming our tradition.

No comments: