Friday, July 25, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Everything feels very urgent right now. All I want to do is get things accomplished. Today was difficult at the beginning because I had to get my prescription from CVS and I felt low-grade sick for most of the day. Getting stuff together for my dorm is causing me stress, as is cleaning out my room and setting aside stuff I already have for my dorm. At the same time we are trying to "move in" to my grandma's old house because the insurance on it will be really expensive if no one's living there, so things are complicated. I'll probably end up sleeping there at night and living at my actual house during the day. It will be interesting. Also, the dryer here broke the day we left for the club (last Friday) and it won't be fixed until Tuesday, so for now we have to do laundry at that house too.

I really am so stressed about my dorm. It's going to cost so much to get all this stuff, and even though I'm going to use it all for the next 4 years it just feels like too much right now. My roommate is basically MIA because I think she's still in Alaska with her family, and although she did respond to my e-mail and leave a message on my phone, I haven't responded yet. So maybe it's not her. But she just created a facebook account and doesn't use it like at all, so I don't want to message her because she might not get it. I'm just in such a non-confrontational mode right now that it's gotten out of hand. To the point where I'm not returning close friends' texts/calls. I guess I just really need time to myself. Well, I don't guess, I know I do. I'm not the kind of person who can deal with the same people 24/7. It gets to be too much for me. But my roommate said she liked this one rug to which I posted a link in the e-mail I sent her, and of course it happens to be the most expensive one, and my mom pointed out that we probably won't want anything too flowery or pattern-y because we could stop liking it. So I don't want to e-mail Ali and be like, Oh, yeah, by the way, we're not getting the rug you liked. But I'll have to do it, just not that way. I have cheaper alternative rugs that aren't so trendy in mind. Oh, my goodness. I'm so nervous! I also need to ask her about a refrigerator.

Plus, there's a birthday party I have to go to tomorrow night and I don't think anyone with whom I am close friends is going. I don't know where the party is or what time it starts. I was just on vacation and I already need a break.

And I still have to send a letter that I wrote on Monday.

No comments: