Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday, Friday

It's Friday! And this Friday is a lot of things all rolled together. This is the last Friday performance I will ever be a part of with Players. This is the last day I will ever attend an actual class at this school, to which I have belonged, and which has belonged to me, since I was 5 years old. I'm sad about the Players part. Last night was my last opening night at the Rec, and it almost hit me then. I cried, but not as much as I know I will. I didn't let myself really feel it, as much as I know I do. Tonight will be the last time I participate in Friday night traditions. But I think I'll be able to hold out. There will still be one performance left, and then the cast party(s), and maybe by Sunday at strike I'll be ready to face it. But not just yet. It's Friday! This is the Friday to end all the Fridays of this senior year. I'm finding it to be a metaphor. Like the whole year was just a long, long week, and this, Friday, is the end of that week.

I don't even know what I'm doing tonight. The fam is headed to Cape May for the night, after they see me in Romeo & Juliet, and I'll be left to my own devices, which seem to have grown in number recently. It's up in the air. Hopefully Kiri will be at the show and maybe we can chill after. I'll have to ask Macrina what she's doing; I never seem to know anymore. Things are ending, ending. Friday, Friday. Friday night, Friday conclusion. Friday beginning.

No comments: